Here’s what we’ve been up to this summer to improve your Kindex experience.
New Support Pages Now Available
New Kindex Features
Archive Deactivation. Archive owners may now deactivate their archives by downgrading to a Kindexer plan. When a user downgrades to Kindexer, their archive is inactive and unavailable to the archive owner and its collaborators. The archive can be reactivated by changing the user plan to a Closet or Cloud Archive plan. After the upgrade to Cloud or Closet, archive access is restored. Learn more.
Account Migration to new Plans. Kindex Account migration is currently underway. All “Freemium” users will now see a popup after login that directs them to update their archive plan. Users must update to Kindexer, Cloud, or Closet Plans by July 31, 2018.
Learn more about account migration.
Learn more about our new Cloud and Closet plans.
- Kindexers invited to collaborate on other archives will be directed to the archive they are collaborating in after login. Previous behavior directed collaborators to the Featured Archives page after login.
- Changes in transcription status (in progress or complete) will now activate the Save button to ensure changes to record transcription status will be saved.
- New user support for account downgrades (Freemium, Cloud, or Closet downgrading to Kindexer), including new instructions for account downgrades, account change email confirmations, and instructions for archive reactivation.
- New user support for account cancellations, including new instructions for account cancellations, account cancellation email confirmation, and guidelines for account reactivation.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from accessing Manage Archive tool
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from earning appropriate Kindex Rewards credit.
- Fixed a bug that temporarily prevented access to transcription page.
- Fixed a bug that prevented archive owners from removing collaborators
- Fixed a bug that errantly asked paying users to provide another method of payment.
Tagging Features. We will be making some enhancements to our tagging features, including person list editing and tagging. In order to implement these updates, we will be temporarily removing access to our tagging tool beginning on August 1, 2018, and restored as soon as the features are up and running.
Record Uploads. A small number of users have experienced errors when uploading large batches of records. This can occur when a user navigates away from their Kindex screen during the upload process. Users can avoid this issue by staying on the same screen during record uploads. We will advise when this bug is fixed.
How Can We Help?
Is there a feature you would like to see? Are you experiencing a bug? Do you need support or traning? Let us know how we can help!
New Kindex Archive Plans
$0/month with Kindex Rewards
$5/month with Kindex Rewards
Rescue Your Records
Make your records accessible and searchable with Kindex archival software. Whether you are a family, organization, or society, you can gather, index, and search your letters, journals, photos, and other documents in a private or public archive.
You deserve some credit for rescuing records! For every 20 records indexed indexing in your Kindex archive, you’ll get a $5 credit toward your next month’s subscription. That means your Kindex archive could be FREE! Learn more
Kindex Archive Features
|CLOUD ARCHIVE||CLOSET ARCHIVE|
|Searchable and accessible via search engines||Yes||No|
|Archive search||Anyone||Owners & Collaborators|
|Indexing||Owners, Collaborators, and Guests
(Guests: Kindexer/Cloud/Closet account)
|Owners & Collaborators|
|Adding records||Owners & Collaborators||Owners & Collaborators|
|Single record downloads||Owners, Collaborators, and Guests||Owners & Collaborators|
|Public archive links to single records||Yes||Yes|
|Archive size||Unlimited records (JPG, PNG, PDF under 15MB)|
|Batch record metadata||Yes|
|Batch record uploads||Yes|
|Print record to PDF||Yes|
|Searchable transcription and metadata||Yes|
|Support and Training||Free|