Kindex Features & ToolsWe created Kindex to solve the problem of inaccessible, unsearchable records. Here's how we do it.
Ready to learn how our award-winning software can fix your family record problems? Read on.
Choose a Custom Archive
- A custom subdomain of your choice (i.e., smith.kindex.org)
- Unlimited records (pdf, png, jpg) up to 15 MB
- Unlimited Collaborators (people you invite to access your archive, free)
- Reliable hosting and backup by Amazon Web Services
Kindex Cloud archive is a publicly accessible archive, meaning anyone can to go your URL to view and search records. Similar to public trees on Ancestry, Cloud archives are ideal for families and societies who want to share record collections and crowdsource indexing projects. Kindex Closet archives are private, invite-only archives.It is only accessible and searchable to the archive owner and invited Collaborators. Closet owners may invite Collaborators to add or index records.
See the Kindex Features table below for details on the differences between our public and private archives.
Gather Unlimited Records
- Add unlimited records (jpg, png, pdf up to 15MB each) from your computer
- Individual or batch record uploads
- Add batch metadata in one step when uploading records
- Import Memories from FamilySearch
- Provide access to family records
- Unite records scattered among various locations
- Create a crowdsourced indexing project
- Collaborate in research
Share Your Records
Add Data to Your Records
- Add searchable metadata (title, description, keywords, etc.) in single records or in batches
- Add a transcription with our built-in transcription tools
- Add tags for people, places, and events
Search Your Records
- Easily and quickly search every word of your archive
- Search includes metadata and transcriptions
Share, Download, and Print your Archive
It's your archive, so we provide tools for you to share, download, print your archive records and data.
- Download your archive data as a CSV or XLS file, or download your archive records as a ZIP file
- Print individual transcriptions as QR-Coded PDFs
- View record totals and indexing stats
Create a publicly-viewable source link to the record and its transcription.
- Share the link on social media or email
- Use the page as a source for your family tree
We are committed to helping our archive owners be successful in creating their searchable archive. Free customer support and training is available for all archive owners. Use the contact form on this site to set up an appointment.
Organize Your Archive
Kindex Archive Features
|CLOUD ARCHIVE||CLOSET ARCHIVE|
|Searchable and accessible via search engines||Yes||No|
|Archive search||Anyone||Owners & Collaborators|
|Indexing||Owners, Collaborators, and Guests
(Guests: Kindexer/Cloud/Closet account)
|Owners & Collaborators|
|Adding records||Owners & Collaborators||Owners & Collaborators|
|Single record downloads||Owners, Collaborators, and Guests||Owners & Collaborators|
|Public archive links to single records||Yes||Yes|
|Archive size||Unlimited records (JPG, PNG, PDF under 15MB)|
|Batch record metadata||Yes|
|Batch record uploads||Yes|
|Print record to PDF||Yes|
|Searchable transcription and metadata||Yes|
|Support and Training||Free|
$0/month with Kindex Rewards
$5/month with Kindex Rewards